Tuesday 3 December 2013

Intelligence Failure

Boris Johnson has appeared on Nick Ferraris radio show below is a Transcript:

LBC presenter Nick Ferrari: A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction. Each side having a southern exposure.  A big bear comes along. What colour is the bear?
Boris Johnson: The bear is probably brown, I haven’t got a clue what colour the bear is. Nor is it relevant to this discussion.
Ferrari: White actually, because the bear is on the South Pole. [The house is actually at the North Pole] Let’s try another one.
Boris Johnson: Listen mate…
Nick Ferrari: Take two apples from three apples, what do you have?
Boris Johnson: You have… you’ve got loads of apples mate, you have got one apple left
Nick Ferrari: You say you’ve got one apple? You haven’t you’ve got two apples. So you are now on zero for two.  Let’s do one more. I went to bed at eight o’clock last night…
Boris Johnson: I think the point that I made…
Nick Ferrari: You were the one that brought IQ into the conversation… I went to bed at eight o’clock in the evening and I wound up my clock to set the alarm to sound at nine o’clock in the morning. How many hours would I get before being woken by the alarm?
Boris Johnson: Well I slept like a log because I was looking forward to seeing you on LBC 97.3. We are waiting for some more sensible questions.
Nick Ferrari: You are declining are you?
Boris Johnson:  All I am telling you… No one has said that IQ is the only measure of ability but what I have been saying repeatedly is that our system is letting down people who do have ability and could do much better.
Answer: Mr Ferrari would only have got one hour's sleep, because a wind-up alarm clock would have gone off at nine o'clock at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment