Friday 10 August 2012

Pele Is Given Honorary Degree


The greatest ever footballer Pele has been awarded a honorary degree from the University of Edinburgh. The football legend who first played for Brazil in a World Cup when he was only 17 years old. He played 605 times for Brazilian side Santos and scored 589 goals.After receiving the award at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, he said: "I thank not only my family, but all my friends, my players, because you cannot do things alone."I have a lot of people who helped me to be here."Always I was very focused in respecting people, and trying to do my best, this is one way, I thank God, to give back to the people who love me."Most important to me is, not disappointing the people who admire me, the people who love me - that I tried to do, all my life." Pele was also Minister for Sport in Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment